Where do u send a motion to reopen after the judge has ordered deportation in absentia?

Question: I had a master hearing on july 1st last yr and at that time i was given an individual hearing date on oct. 1st which i didnt go because my lawyer told me not to go. she told me that she asked the court for more time and they approved which later i..


Answer: If you were ordered deported in your absence, then the motion to reopen would be filed with the immigration judge who ordered you deported. You should ask your previous lawyer for a copy of the motion to reopen that she filed on your behalf, and proof of service that it was filed.